Lance (Group Sects) writes…
I’m sure regulars on this site would have noticed the lack of story updates recently.
There are a number of reasons for this including…
- I’ve lost interest in churches which operate in their own little world
- Bringing about change in churches is futile as pastors and other church leaders are generally incompetent and amoral.
- There are now many other websites covering the same subject material.
- I no longer hold to the Evangelical position that the writings of the bible are ‘God-breathed’ and without error (particularly after studying the influence of Greek Pagan philosophy on Paul’s thinking)
- I have been restricted in what I can say about churches on this site by a workplace social media policy which forbids criticism of any person or entity (which presumably means no criticism of Pol Pot, Osama Bin Laden, ISIS etc.)
- I have found it harder to process my thoughts and write long-form arguments since a gang bashing in 2012.
I had planned to continue with this site until the end of the Kong Hee/City Harvest Church fraud case saga, but there’s still no end in sight to that. Even Singapore can’t enforce the law on churches.
The complete halt in updates has mainly been caused by my recent workplace redundancy.
I now plan to take a break and work out the next step.
One of those steps may involve an online presence, but it’s unlikely to be this site.
I did 2 years of personal research on the formation of society’s attitudes on homosexuality through history, and now I get the chance to write a long-promised theological piece on it all. Frankly, some of it is world-first stuff, and it’s what excites me the most at the moment. I have it all in my head, but have struggled to get it into words which would make clear sense to others.
I’m very aware of the community that’s formed around this site. so I’m not planning to close the comments.
I may decide to resume story updates, but everything in my life right now is up in the air.
For now, I leave you with my favourite video from over the years of hosting this site.